It is our pleasure to bring you preliminary details for the IBA War Crimes conference entitled The World in Crisis taking place at the Peace Palace, The Hague, the Netherlands on 04 February 2017.
Following the success of the previous conferences with 300 participants registered, this event will bring together leading war crimes experts from around the world to examine and review current situations of global significance and assess the legal implications.
Topics will include:
– Introductory remarks and Keynote – The World in Crisis: a review of significant events and cases of 2016 relating to war crimes
– The Refugee Crisis – Refugees as victims of slavery and other crimes
– The Funding of War – the sale of antiquities, trafficking and money laundering
– Peace vs. Justice – the Jus Post Bellum dilemma (Colombia, Yemen, Syria, Sri Lanka, Nepal)
– Immunities and Universal Jurisdiction: current national practice in relation to immunity ratione materiae and rationae personae and special mission immunity;
This is a must attend event for judges, prosecutors, criminal defence lawyers, in-house counsel, law enforcement officials, court and tribunal officers, students, academics and anybody with specific interest in international criminal law and war crimes. The sessions will be in a Question Time format moderated by experienced lawyers.
Click below to register your interest:
For details of how to become a sponsor for this event, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org
Jonathan Grimes Kingsley Napley LLP, London; Co-Chair, IBA War Crimes Committee
Steven Kay QC 9 Bedford Row, London; Co-Chair, IBA War Crimes Committee
Image source: www.csbgroup.com
Text supplied by the IBA
Tagged as: 2017, 9 Bedford Row, 9 Bedford Row International, 9BR, 9BRi, academics, ARC, ARC Project, Best Defence Steven Kay QC, Colombia, court and tribunal officers, criminal defence lawyers, Den Haag, IBA, IBA War Crimes Committee, IBA War Crimes conference, in-house counsel, International Bar Association, international criminal law, international criminal law news, international law, International Law News, Jonathan Grimes Kingsley Napley LLP, Judges, law, law enforcement officials, law news, money laundering, Nepal, Netherlands, news, Peace Palace, prosecutors, Refugees, slavery, Steven kay, Steven Kay QC, Steven Kay QC 9 Bedford Row, students, The Hague, the sale of antiquities, The World in Crisis, trafficking, Upcoming Events, War Crimes, Yemen